GlassFish is an open-source application sever project started by Sun Microsystems for the Java EE platform.
The advantages of GlassFish:
- Free community-supported application server
- Full Java EE 6 platform support
- The best open source application server in the industry today
- Next-generation modular and extensible architecture (OSGi)
- Enterprise reliability and performance with full clustering
The advantages of OpenEJB:
- Allows for easy testing and debugging in IDEs such as Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA or NetBeans with no plugins required.
- Usable in ordinary JUnit or other style test cases without complicated setup or external processes.
- Complete support for Glassfish descriptors allowing those users to embedded test their applications.
- Incredibly flexible JNDI name support allows you to specify formats at macro and micro levels and imitate the format of other vendors.